Full-time Ventures Platform Foundation: Acceleration Program Manager Recruitment
Ventures Platform Foundation is a social impact organization focused on creating an Africa with sustainable and inclusive wealth by building and supporting entrepreneurs and innovators who leverage technology in creating solutions to Africa’s most urgent problems. We are committed to building capacity in young people especially females to leverage technology and sustainable enterprise in creating these solutions.
The Job : Acceleration Program Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- The VPF Team is looking to hire an Acceleration Program Manager who will be the prime interface for acceleration cohorts, investors, mentors and other service providers.
- The role will be responsible for managing the development, planning, execution and operations of the acceleration program. This position requires a candidate with a collaborative and positive attitude, who has the ability to work under pressure, and a desire for continuous improvement.
Description Of Responsibilities
Our ideal candidate will support the VPF team in:
- Assist the Director Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the design, and proper execution of the acceleration programme
- Design and executes project work plans to meet the goals and objective of the program
- Ensure all startups are provided with the necessary tools and information and whatever might be required to raise investments
- Develop and manage learning modules and curriculums focused on Entrepreneurial management and development of start-ups under the program
- Excellent Relationship management between incubates and mentors, stakeholders and investors
- Creation and successful deployment of training and learning initiatives for incubated startups
- Lead technical improvements in program design and development to ensure quality and adherence to program standards
- Effectively monitor and manage program budgets
- Prepare quality and timely programs narrative and financial reports as needed
- Ensure the company’s progress adequately during the program.
- The anticipated duration of the contract is 4 months, starting on the 22nd of October 2018.
- The candidate will work for VPF on a full-time basis and be based in Lagos with availability to travel outside Lagos.
- The candidate will work out of the VPF designated office in Lagos State.
- Regular office hours are 8am to 5.00pm from Monday to Fridays.
- The candidate is responsible for using his/her own laptop.
- VPF will reimburse the candidate for out-of-pocket expenses associated with official travel outside Lagos, by paying an amount equivalent to the daily subsistence allowance that would be paid to staff members undertaking similar travel for official purposes.
- Payments by VPF are delivery-based (milestones achieved). Any deliverable not meeting the required indicators/specification will have to be reworked and resubmitted at no additional cost to VPF.
- The proposed payment schedule for this assignment is monthly payment upon submission of milestone documents, progress reports on completed tasks, outlined against planned outputs. Based on the report and satisfactory performance, payments will be certified by the supervisor.
- The candidate will work under supervision of the Director Innovation and Entrepreneurship who will have frequent interactions with the candidate at various stages to brief him/her on:
- Program status;
- Agree on the modalities and clarify the deliverables;
- Provide feedback and comments on program expectations; and
- Track the progress made by the candidate.
- The supervisor will evaluate the consultant’s work and certify delivery of work.
Skills & Requirements
- Familiarity with business incubation and acceleration methodologies;
- Knowledge of innovation, technology, and startup ecosystems;
- Knowledge and expertise of the technology ecosystem in Nigeria;
- Familiarity with Western Nigerian culture and experience with the Lagos ecosystem is desired;
- Experience with training and capacity building for digital entrepreneurs;
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the VPF values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of VPF;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, age sensitivity, and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Fulfills all obligations to gender sensitivity with a zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
- Displays an entrepreneurial mindset and cares deeply about improving the lives of youth and women;
- Strategic thinker with a focus on tangible results;
- Strong relationship and interpersonal skills, demonstrates courtesy, tact,and patience;
- Strong team orientation;
- Ability to perform under pressure and in a politically sensitive environment; and
- Expertise in implementing gender sensitive and socially inclusive programs.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies/social sciences or relevant field.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role or in working in a startup;
- Experience in mentoring or supporting startups; and
- Experience launching or working in a startup is desired.
- Excellent spoken and written English required.
Please include at least 2 references in your Curriculum Vitae (CV)
How To Apply