Full-time Vodacom Nigeria: Network Support Specialist Recruitment
Vodacom Business, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Vodacom Group, is a leading pan-African corporate connectivity and telecommunications provider that has brought affordable and reliable connectivity to Africa since 1992. In that time, we have built strong relationships in the sectors that are driving the continent’s economic growth; helping them stay connected across Africa, and to the rest of the world.
The Job : Network Support Specialist
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Reporting to: Team Lead: Network Support
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
- The Candidate is responsible for identifying opportunities to improve service availability, reliability and stability of both the core network and customer access network.
- The job holder will proactively identify network issues prior to the outage, thereby reducing all escalation across the business. She/he will deliver a full spectrum of customer service support and be responsible for providing top notch 2nd/3rd level support.
- Responsible for delivering a full spectrum of customer service support, providing first class 2nd/3rd line support, on-going improvement in customer satisfaction and the increased usage of all in-house and web-based application that will fast track and maintain Quality of service (QOS) as well as Quality of experience(QOE) .
- Responsible for informing SM, 3rd partner vendors and team members about network performance and service availability, primarily deals with both internal and external customers, engineers and the whole technical team
- Focus on identifying opportunities to benefit customers and offer advice and guidance in responding to customer enquiries and solicit customer feedback to improve service and use negotiation skills to resolve conflicts.
- Proactively identify network issues prior to the outage which reduces all escalation across the business.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through effective analysis and helping them to resolve issue on their link irrespective of the issue belonging to either Vodacom or customer and exceeding customer’s expectation
- Be able to communicate about networking issues effectively and in a comprehensible manner both to internal and external customer and promoting teamwork within the unit
- Integration, decommissioning and configuration VSAT remote on iDirect platforms (ibuilder & imonitor)
- Support of VSAT Hub and troubleshooting of all VSAT related calls logged from Hub to Remotes
- Troubleshooting / managing of all Backhaul and Vodacom managed CE devices
- Support of all 3rd party vendors for both core and access links.
- Support of Field engineers in fault rectification so as to meet MTTR and SLA
- Configuration and troubleshooting of all Core and Access P2P radios on the network.
- Troubleshooting and configuration of Hauhaun devices on the network.
- Troubleshooting of core and access transmission devices on the network.
- High level IP routing and configuration on core and access devices.
- Level 2 and Level 3 IP network related issues, such as switching, Routing and QOS.
- Troubleshooting of IP/ MPLS connectivity issues on the core and Access network.
- Configuration of IP Network devices( Routers and Switches )
- Re-benchmark outbound/inbound carrier with Satellite provider to ensure optimum performance of the Hub
- Escalating and supporting resolution of incidents that have exceeded MTTR and missed SLA
- Managing own time and productivity effectively to meet service level requirements
- The role requires a university Degree/HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related fields.
- The preferred candidate must have a minimum of 5+years post NYSC experience working in a network operation -ISP with an emphasis on Network and transmission device and 2+ years of experience inter-facing and supporting the customers as well.
- Professional certifications such as ITIL, CCNA and CCNP will be an added advantage
- He/She must have the ability to use a number of monitoring/Ticketing/Reporting platforms e.g., Sage Pastel Evolution, Cacti, Azote, Nagios, Entuity, Cambridge VNMS, SAF, NEC & Ceragon NMSs.
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent Communications skills,
- Computer literacy,
- Knowledge of SLA metrics,
- Ability to Multi-task and pay Attention to detail
- Must be a good team player,
- Good Technical foundation, Excellent troubleshooting skill
- Excellent Customer Relationship Management
- Ability to document information appropriately.
- Conflict resolution and investigative skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated and the ability to organize and prioritize time effectively
How To Apply
Applicants should send their CV to: [email protected]
Note: You will be contacted if you are qualified for the job.