Full-time Vodacom Nigeria: Senior Engineer, IP and BWA Provisioning Recruitment
Vodacom Business, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Vodacom Group, is a leading pan-African corporate connectivity and telecommunications provider that has brought affordable and reliable connectivity to Africa since 1992. In that time, we have built strong relationships in the sectors that are driving the continent’s economic growth; helping them stay connected across Africa, and to the rest of the world.
The Job : Senior Engineer, IP and BWA Provisioning
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Working within the Network Operations team, this role is responsible for managing provisioning and acceptance process, and use lifecycle of Point to Multipoint (BWA) microwave circuit and point to point microwave radios on the VBN network. You will be responsible for Providing Level 2 support for BWA links within the network, configuring and supporting all network related access devices for the BWA network. You will also provide post-provisioning support to customer over Vodacom’s IP/MPLS network.
- You will also be responsible for working closely with various Solutions Architect, Sales, Project Management, Engineering, and Customer Service, Finance personnel, also External clients and External Vendors to provision client services on the Access Network.
- Ensure that all assigned tickets are treated within the stipulated OLA.
- Ensure that all provisioned BWA circuit meet Vodacom acceptance criteria.
- Provide 2nd level IP support for the Vodacom BWA and IP network.
- Consider supportability and maintainability for every single circuit provisioned on the network.
- Responsible for installation of noncore devices on the Vodacom Network
What’s important to us?
- We are looking for individuals with proven experience as a Provisioning Engineer with hands-on experience supporting Internet and MPLS/EVPL backbone networks and a high degree of competency in Network Protocols/Services such as BGP, OSPF, IPSEC, HSRP/VRRP, NAT/PAT, SNMP, MPLS, QoS, STP on 10/100/1000/10G Ethernet based networks.
- Also experience at a Senior/ Expert level managing and troubleshooting complex network infrastructure in LAN/WAN environment with expertise in Cisco multi-services routers/switches (3900 | 4500 | 4900 | 7600 | 6500 | Nexus-7K, 5K), Cisco, Fortigate, Mikrotik and Cisco ASA Firewalls is would be a bonus!
- If all of the above sounds good – apply now!
- You must have a degree in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years post NYSC Experience in the Telecoms Sector.
- CCNP R&S or SP certificate or higher is a requirement
- ITIL Foundation certificate or higher will be a bonus!
How To Apply
Applicants should send a copy of their CV to: [email protected]