Full-time WATSAN Technician at The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes;
The Job : WATSAN Technician
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
The Alliance for International Medical Action is recruiting for its project in Monguno
To contribute ALIMA monguno curative intervention to prevent the patient from being infected other patient’s disease while in ALIMA health facilities as well as health workers, a relative of patients, visitors through water treatment, chlorination’s.
Ensure that water is properly treated as per standards requirement of chlorination’s at the source of water, and different water pitching in all ALIMA health facility as well in residential premises.
- Pumping & availability of water
- Pump water using standard protocols on daily basis.
- Taking care of water storage like water tank needed using drums, pipes, motor pumps, etc.
- Ensure that all drums and tanks are filled daily and according to needs.
- Ensure that there is always water available and inform the line manager when there is a shortage.
- Be very careful with the quantities of water spent or lost during pumping, transportation or storing.
- Chlorinate water according to protocols in different location & point in ALIMA Premises.
- Clean all drums, tanks, and material related to water according to protocols.
- Ensure cleanliness of bladders, tanks, pipes, filters and other material related to water.
- Ensure that all drums and tanks with or without water are well covered and in a secure place.
- Ensure perfect cleanliness of all areas close to water pumps, tanks, drums, etc.
- Check daily motor pumps (Dosatron) and use them according to protocols, i.e. services, correct procedure for starting and switching off, etc.
- Changing the filter on time and requesting supply to the supply department on time to avoid a shortage of filters.
- Check daily connections, keys, valves, pipes, filters in order to fix possible problems.
- Look after all equipment provided.
- Participate in any kind of repair of equipment and material related to water, i.e. water pumps.
- Ensure that there is always enough fuel available and asked on time for the working of all pumps.
Ensure that the line manager is informed of any problems that might be linked to water pumping, sanitation, maintenance etc.
Make suggestions regarding any repair or maintenance work needed related to water, i.e. pumping, transporting, storage, etc.
Diploma in water sanitation, environmental, public health, hygiene or related field.
At least 1-year Experience with INGO in water and sanitation.
Local language essential along with Mission Language (i.e. English).
Computer literacy (word, excel)
- Ability to do basic repairs of Dosatron machine, plumbing etc.
- Results oriented
- Stress Management.
Working conditions: Contract
How To Apply
Submit your CV, qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to ALIMA’ Office.
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: [email protected]
Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favourism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.