Full-time Winrock International: Senior Technical Specialist Recruitment
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantages, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology. Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
The Job : Senior Technical Specialist
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Winrock International works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock matches innovative approaches in agriculture, natural resources management, clean energy, and leadership development with the unique needs of its partners.
- Winrock is seeking senior-level specialists for long-term assignment for a USAID funded project that will support agriculture extension & advisory services in Nigeria.
- The experts will inform activities that increase smallholder farmers’ productivity, incomes, and household nutrition status in seven Feed the Future (FTF) focus states across four geographic zones in Nigeria (Kebbi, Niger, Kaduna, Benue, Ebonyi, Cross-River, and Delta) through strengthening sustainable agricultural extension and advisory services.
- For this position, preference is given to those with previous private sector experience and advanced degrees. This position require fluency in English.
Senior Level Technical Specialists Include:
- Extension system strengthening (public sector and private sector)
- Business development specialist (business planning, supply chain analytics)
- Agribusiness marketing (supply chain, commodity sourcing, and sales.
- Agronomy (productivity and marketing of cereals, legumes, and pulses)
- Aquaculture (inland fish farming)
- Post-harvest handling, storage, grading
- Seed systems
- Farmer association development
- Financial services
- Youth programming
- Gender inclusion
- Conflict sensitive approaches to agriculture development
- Nutrition sensitive agriculture
- Behavior change communication and measurement
- Advanced Degree in a related field (or equivalent with additional professional experience)
- Minimum ten years of professional experience in similar role
- Experience working with private sector agribusiness
- Proven experience developing partnerships
- Fluency in English is required; Preferred fluency in Hausa, Pidgin, or Yoruba
How To Apply
Applicants should send their CV to: [email protected] indicating position title in the subject line
- The e-mail should contain your CV, Cover Letter, and three (3) professional references.
- Winrock will only contact candidates considered for the position.