Contract World Health Organization (WHO): Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – SEZ Recruitment
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
The Job : Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – SEZ
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Ref Id: 1805062
Contractual Arrangement: Individual service contractor
Contract duration: 12 months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Purpose of the Position
The objective of the post is to coordinate WHO M&E activities at zonal and state level and provide evidence driven information for actions aimed at supporting the zone/states to:
- Ensure availability of quality, timely, and complete information that guides the surveillance and immunization program
- Monitor effective and systematic implementation of the program and individual performance through the established AF
- Provide evidences through the timely utilization of different data available and guide the program;
- Support the zonal coordinator in conducting review meetings and documentation.
Description of Duties
Under the overall guidance of the WHO Country Representative, overall leadership of IVE Focal Point and direct supervision of the Zonal Coordinator, the incumbent coordinates all data management, monitoring and evaluation activities at the assigned Zone and field level and reports programme progress achieved to the Zonal coordinator and national level monitoring and evaluation coordinator. He/She will work closely with national authorities as well as partners:
- Support the WHO-Nigeria Zonal office to prepare, implement, monitor and evaluate work-plans in line with national priorities, strategies and plans.
- Support the Zone and State teams to prepare, review and/or update annual/quarterly immunization plans;
- Assess trends and measures outcomes relating to achieving National Plan of Action (NPA) goals in Polio eradication
- Support regular performance reviews of Zonal and State technical teams and the preparation of performance improvement plans wherever necessary.
- Oversee the data management protocols in an aim to improve quality, accessibility, timeliness and relevance of technical data
- Prepare quarterly programme status reports required for management, board, donors, budget reviews, programme analysis, annual reports, etc
- Oversee the coordination and deliverables of the Zonal WHO data management system
- Support in the creation of a monitoring and evaluation system in the zone through systematic information exchange from the central level to the field regarding surveillance and immunization along the WHO system.
- Assist in the implementation of WHO accountability framework and recommend mechanisms for effective implementation, compliance and documentation.
- Follow systematic information delivery on the selected deliverables in the accountability frame work for state coordinators, Cluster coordinators, LGA facilitators and Field officers. In addition support implementation of the same for all staff under the Zone.
- Conduct supportive supervision and verification on regular basis.
- Systematically document technical performance of professional staff and provide periodical report to the Zonal coordinator and central Monitoring and evaluation unit for management decision to enforce accountability
- Support activities aimed at strengthening partnership, advocacy as well as resource mobilization in support of improving performance of immunization activities;
- Undertake periodic training need assessment and take part in capacity building activities in support of immunization operations (service delivery, vaccine supply and quality, logistics, surveillance, advocacy and communication), immunization safety and operational research
- Systematically document the capacity building activities undertaken in the zone and share the same to the Zonal coordinator and national M&E unit.
- Document and produce evidences for the resource utilization (financial and Human) in line with the program deliverables to make sure that implementation of results should be tied up with the resource deployed. Include this as a critical deliverable in the quarterly report.
- Perform other activities as required by WHO Representative
- Masters in Public Health, Monitoring & Evaluation, Health Management, Planning or related field with additional data management training.
- At least 5 years’ experience in M&E, planning, and coordination.
- Experience in M&E, supervision, planning, , and use of health information for program planning and intervention.
- Experience in M&E and data management
- Experience working in WHO/UN common system
Use of language skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English
- Desirable: Knowledge of the local language.
- Basic knowledge of M&E and the immunization program
- Ability to acquire sound knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and procedures.
- Demonstrated abilities for team-work.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different background
How To Apply