Full-time World Health Organization (WHO) Ongoing Cv Submission
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
The Job : Health Information Management Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job ID: 1806496
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract Duration: 6 months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
- The mission of WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme (The Programme) is to help countries, and to coordinate international action, to prevent, prepare for, detect, rapidly respond to, and recover from outbreaks and emergencies.
Description of Duties
- Reporting to the Emergency Manager and under the leadership of the Head of WHO Country Office, the incumbent acts as an advisor to the WHO emergency team on data and information management activities, enabling the development, implementation, and monitoring strategies that maximize the individual and collective impact of WHO’s throughout the full cycle of the emergency, in the country of deployment.
- S/he will engage with the local authorities, UN partners and non-health actors to establish strategic partnerships in respect of multi-dimensional information management processes.
- Team lead, responsible for overseeing the work of the Information Management unit and/or coordinating the work of Information Management assets located throughout disparate units.
- Manage the timely and high-quality collection, analyses, production and dissemination of data/information. This includes response specific information (what, where, who, how many, how quickly, current status), internal and external situation reports (SitReps), bulletins, rapid needs assessments, health risk assessments, and the Public Health Situation Analysis; and health inputs into humanitarian needs overviews (HNO), and strategic response plans (SRP).
- Lead the development of project documentation based on the overall strategy and plan, for use by the emergency leadership to mobilize resources.
- Continually adapt planning and project documents based on available information and revolving emergency situation, as required; this includes planning and management of human and material resources, expenditure, status of interventions and partner activities, progress towards achieving objectives, etc.
- Responsible for the development and improvement of field information management procedures at the local and regional levels to ensure that information management in the field provides the best possible functionality and usability to stakeholders
- Ensure inter-cluster communication and information sharing.
- Oversee and design complex field epidemiological surveys if/where needed, such as mortality and vaccination coverage surveys
- Build the capacity of team members and partners involved in the planning and data/information management process; provide ongoing technical guidance and training on data gathering and analysis, quality assurance, performance monitoring, information dissemination and management.
- Perform any other related duties, as required by the functional supervisor.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment
- An advanced university degree (Master’s level or above) in Information Management, Public Health, or Epidemiology; Business or Public Administration, complemented by training in information management from an accredited/recognized institute.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s level or above) in the above subjects. Specific training in humanitarian response or emergency information management.
- At least 5 years of related experience in information management, monitoring, needs assessment, project management, data management and information dissemination in the public health sector or health development sector, at national level, part of which in emergency management or humanitarian context in leadership positions. Experience in developing and promoting collaborative partnerships.
- Relevant work experience in WHO, other UN agencies; experience working in relevant non-governmental or humanitarian organizations.
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Advanced use of MS Office, particularly spreadsheets, data visualization and analysis tools, and databases
- Design and management of information systems
Application Closing Date
14th January, 2019, 11:59:00 PM.
How To Apply