Legal Jobs, Organization Of The Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
[su_tabs][su_tab title=”Jobs In Nigeria”]The Job : Legal Advisor, International Matters, OPEC
Job Status: Full Time Job, Graduate/Exp
Under the overall supervision of the General Legal Counsel, the Legal Advisor, International Matters, provides legal advice to the Secretary General and to senior management regarding the Organization’s relation with external entities. He/she addresses and defends international legal claims and interests of the Organization within the scope of its Statute and follows, analyses and advises on issues of national and international legal policies of relevance to OPEC and its Member Countries.
1. Identifies international legal issues of significance to OPEC, examines, studies and analyses these with a view to protecting and promoting the Organization’s interests, goals and claims.
2. Reports on emerging international legal issues of significance to OPEC, draws conclusions regarding possible implications for OPEC and its Member Countries and advises on appropriate responses.
3. Conducts research into multilateral agreements relating to the WTO, global climate change, competition, energy and environment in collaboration with OPEC’s Research Division.
4. In close collaboration with the Environmental Matters Unit, monitors international legal developments at the multilateral level (ICN, WTO, UNCTAD, etc.) and in international legal professional associations with a view to protecting and promoting the interest of the Organization.
5. Examines, studies and analyses relevant national legal systems, policies and practices in the energy sector that may impact on OPEC.
6. Provides legal advice and interpretation on legal aspects of the Organization’s relations with other entities, including contractual relations, questions of liability, arbitration and claims against the Organization.
7. Follows up relevant decisions of the Governing Bodies of the Organization, in particular regarding legal studies and other international legal issues of significance to OPEC.
University degree in International Law (Masters)
University degree: Eight years with a minimum of three years at the international level
Advanced degree: Six years with a minimum of three years at the international level
Training/specialization – A combination of two or more of the following specializations:
Public International Law;
Competition law and Policy;
International Environmental Law and Policy;
International Petroleum Law and Policy;
Comparative Energy Law;
The Institutional Law of International Organizations;
International Law on Foreign Investments; and
Other relevant specializations in international law
Competencies: Communication skills, analytical skills, presentation skills, interpersonal skills, customer service orientation, initiative and integrity.
How To Apply
[su_button url=”http://www.opec.org/opec_web/static_files_project/media/downloads/general/OPEC_Governors_website.pdfhttps://career4.successfactors.com/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=Tenaris&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_US&career_job_req_id=65343&selected_lang=en_US&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&_s.crb=CqiqOyTnZ6fGrQ%2biiiPbzQ0hbAs%3d” target=”blank” background=”#88360c” size=”1″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” icon=”https://cdn.jobbucketnigeria.comuploads/2013/12/rss-icon.png” desc=”Click Here To Apply Online “]Click Here[/su_button]